Become a Tutor This Fall!
CUNY Tutor Corps seeks applicants to:
- Improve the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) learning of middle and high school students
- Inspire students to study STEM subjects
- Explore secondary teaching as a career
Tutors are paid $17/hour. Tutoring will take place in-person at DOE schools starting in Fall 2021. Click here to read our FAQs.
- Assist students with a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or math) subject
- Collaborate with host teacher to review lesson plans and support students who require assistance
- Build mentoring relationships with students
- Record time spent with students in order to measure contribution to their success
- Communicate with host teacher and Tutor Corps Instructional Services Manager regarding schedule and other issues
- Attend paid monthly Tutor Corps workshops related to pedagogy, career development, and anti-racism dialogues
- Currently enrolled full-time undergraduate or graduate CUNY student
- Interest in working or teaching in NYC public schools
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Completed (or in the process of completing) 12 credits in STEM or education
- Can work at least 6 hours per week between 8 AM and 3 PM, and travel to and from a NYC public school
- Basic knowledge of STEM subject(s)
- Ability to follow directions
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with others
- Have or apply for a Social Security Number to be fingerprinted by Department of Education
- Prior tutoring experience or experience working with children is a plus, but not required
Apply now for spring 2022!