NYCSEF’s mission is to celebrate and highlight the innovation of high school scholars conducting STEM research, while inspiring enthusiasm and appreciation for scientific inquiry, and in order to do that we are dependent on many people that volunteer their time, passion and efforts to produce an experience of a lifetime for students. Each year, we receive hundreds of applications from public and private high school students. Approximately 350 projects will display at the Preliminary Round of competition at Citi Field and about 200 at the Finals Round at the American Museum of Natural History.
No! We are happy to have the same staff volunteers at both rounds of the fair but it is not required.
- Some volunteer positions may require a lot of walking and/or standing
- Both rounds of the fair are an exciting, stimulating fast paced environment
- Shifts do overlap, and some of the shift times may change due to event needs and resources
- Pack your patience! We kindly request your patience, flexibility and understanding
- Last but not least, you’ll have fun!