Each year, more than approximately 600 student exhibitors earn their place to present their research and present their schools at the New York City Science and Engineering Fair (NYCSEF). NYCSEF exhibitors competing for a variety of awards are judged on their creative and scientific thought, as well as the thoroughness, skill, and clarity shown in their projects. The culminating prize is advancing to the international round and representing NYC at the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF).
The 2019 team represented New York City proudly. Competing amongst 1800 students from around the world, TEAM NYC 2019 brought home over $27,000 in award money and placed 1st, 3rd and 4th places in their respective categories. Information of the NYCSEF 2019 Exhibitors are below:
Awards presented for NYCSEF 2019 are below. The NYCSEF 2020 Awards Ceremony will take place on March 2020 at The Gerald W. Lynch Theatre at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. If you or your organization are interested in sponsoring an award, please visit NYCSEF Sponsor for more information contact NYCSEF at NYCSEF@cuny.edu.
NYCSEF Special Awards
- The Brooklyn Friends of Clearwater Award
- The Doctor Sniffs Bed Bug Dog Award
- Environmental Quest Award
- Frank W. & Jane J. Stahl Memorial Award for Technical Excellence
- The Michael G. Mann Memorial Award
- The RFK Science Research Institute Internship
- The Sarah & Morris Wiesenthal Memorial Award
- The Skanska Walsh Award for Innovation and Excellence in Engineering
ISEF Regional Awards
These awards are provided by the Society for Science & the Public on behalf of Regional Award Organizations.
- American Meteorological Society
- American Psychological Association
- ASM Materials Education Foundation
- Association for Women Geoscientists
- ASU Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiatives
- Intel Excellence in Computer Science
- Mu Alpha Theta
- NASA EARTH System Science Award
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
- Office of Naval Research
- Ricoh USA, Inc.
- Society for In Vitro Biology
- Stockholm Junior Water Prize
- U.S. Air Force
- US Metric Association
- Yale Science and Engineering Association
- Ying Scholar Semifinalist
Awarded to projects that advance to represent NYC at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair.
NYCSEF Category Recognition Awards
Awarded to outstanding projects based on overall performance in their category at the NYCSEF competition. Awards presented are:
First Place Award
Second Place Award
Third Place Award