The Debating U.S. History Curriculum
The Debating U.S. History curriculum is a free and public resource. After registering for an account you will gain access to materials that:
- Engage students through genuine and relevant historical inquiry;
- Focus on historical thinking skills that will be assessed on the new New York State U.S. History and Government Regents Exam;
- Support teaching the high school U.S. History survey course not as a story to be memorized, but as events to be interpreted using documentary evidence;
- Complicate conventional stories to take a clear-eyed look at injustice, social conflict, and change, past and present;
- Embed explicit reading and writing strategies with content learning to prepare students for the demands of college-level study in the social sciences;
- Provide all the materials needed to teach the full-year course in customizable formats.
Welcome to DUSH Curriculum Page
Please register for an account to access our Curriculum Page and download files.
Contact us to inquire about joining our Professional Learning Community and to access lesson materials adapted to remote instruction.