MODEL CITY COUNCIL
A Unique Public Service Project for College Now Students
Are you a considering a career in public service? Are you focused on developing or sharpening your leadership, critical thinking, and public speaking skills Then check out the Model NYC Council Project.
The Model NYC Council Project gives College Now students the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to assume the role of a New York City Council Member and represent one of the legislative districts in the five boroughs. Participating in the program allows students to experience city government and public administration from the inside. Our faculty mentors guide students through what it means to be an active member of city government.
- Be an NYC DOE high school junior or senior,
- Be enrolled in, or have completed at least one College Now course or activity; and
- Be able to attend all the training sessions and the final event:
- Saturdays – 3/23, 3/30 and 4/6 from 11AM – 4PM
- Final Event in the Council Chambers, City Hall – Friday, April 12th from 12PM – 6PM
For more information, please download the Model City project flyer (PDF) and the 2019 Model City Application (PDF)