Become a Tutor This Spring!
CUNY Tutor Corps seeks applicants to:
- Improve the learning of middle and high school students
- Inspire students to study all subjects
- Explore secondary teaching as a career
Tutors are paid $17/hour. Tutoring will take place in-person at DOE schools starting in Spring 2023. Click here to read our FAQs.
- Currently enrolled full-time undergraduate or graduate CUNY student.
- Collaborate with host teacher to review lesson plans and support students who require assistance.
- Build mentoring relationships with students.
- Record time spent with students in order to measure contribution to their success.
- Can work 12-19 hours per week between 8 AM and 3 PM, and travel to and from a NYC public school.
- Attend paid bi-weekly Tutor Corps workshops related to pedagogy, career development, and anti-racism dialogues.
- Currently enrolled full-time undergraduate or graduate CUNY student and be between the ages of 18-24.
- Interest in working or teaching in NYC public schools.
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Completed (or in the process of completing) 12 credits in education or tutoring related fields.
- Can work 19 hours per week between 8 AM and 3 PM, and travel to and from a NYC public school.
- Basic knowledge of school subject(s).
- Ability to follow directions.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Have or apply for a Social Security Number to be fingerprinted by Department of Education.
Accepting applications until the Spring 2023 cohort is full.
Want updates about our program? Sign up for our mailing list!